Words by Alexander Vushkan, founder & CEO of DynaPictures
DynaPictures is an image generation tool for marketers and developers, built using Node.js, Python, and Java. It helps to scale marketing efforts by producing more and better visual content. Data-driven visuals generated at the right point in time, with the right data, help boost exposure to potential leads and increase conversions without requiring additional team resources.
DynaPictures is an API-first tool that empowers developers to generate images dynamically via REST API or URLs. That's why providing a great developer experience is critical to our business.
Hyperping is essential for us to build and strengthen relationships with developers, as we face the following challenges on a daily basis:
Building developers' trust
We need to earn developers' trust when they visit our website so that they register, try our API, and then integrate it into their products and workflows. If you can't trust and rely on an API, you can't integrate it.
Building and reinforcing client relationships
- Providing reliable service: We are obsessed and committed to providing reliable service and ensuring that our API is available 24/7, and that images are generated quickly. We operate our own servers in the data center to utilize most of the available hardware when generating images.
- Operating efficiently and providing high-quality support.
- Transparency in communication.
Using Hyperping was key to solving these challenges.
Here are 5 ways we use Hyperping to build great developer relationships:
- We provide a status page with key metrics captured and reported by Hyperping. These facts increase trust when visitors see your product for the first time and have to evaluate many tools at once. Creating a status page and making it noticeable/visible to visitors is essential for any product that provides API to its clients.
- Sharing incidents with clients via Hyperping brings transparency and improves communication with them.
- Hyperping helps us provide reliable service to our clients, as it monitors our infrastructure effectively, and we haven't had any false positive alarms with it. Outages are reported quickly and accurately, and our on-call team loves it.
- We are delighted to use Hyperping as it helps us operate efficiently and is very simple to use. One can configure monitors and metrics in no time. Our system is complex, consisting of numerous interconnected microservices and deployment units. We were able to cover all our monitoring needs with Hyperping. The UX is simple yet powerful, with many monitoring locations at your fingertips and flexible configuration options. It's a great tool for operations around the globe.
- The status page from Hyperping includes an interesting feature that makes the page more appealing. Unlike other providers, which show longer monitoring time frames by default, Hyperping shows only the most relevant data. This approach avoids showing incidents from the past that might affect the current perception of the product's reliability. For example, with high uptime values like 99.88% (only 10 hours downtime a year), one may get a bad first impression if they see past incidents that don't reflect the current state of the product.
Our favorite features include a great status page, many monitoring locations, a simple UX, and a professional, high-quality product overall.
Last but not least, Hyperping provides excellent customer support. Whenever we contact them, we receive a fast and professional response with a willingness to help.