How to create a status page
To follow this tutorial, you will need a Hyperping account, which you can create from the Hyperping new account registration page if you don’t already have one.
You will also need to have at least one monitor. Status pages are composed by showing the status of one or many of your monitors. Here is how you can create one.
From the Status page section, click on New status page. You will be redirected to your status page in the Settings tab.
- Upload your logo. It will be shown on the top-left of your status page, next to its name.
- Pick a name. It will be added before Service Status, next to the logo. For example, this status page has Hyperping as a name.
- Setup your custom domain (optional). In order to setup your custom domain, you need to:
- Enter the subdomain you would like to have your status page (must have status. as a subdomain).
- Update your DNS by adding a CNAME record for your chosen subdomain pointing to status.hyperping.io
- Access your status page. The initial request will take longer due to the SSL certificate registration.
- Pick a color. This color will be used for the Uptime and Response time graphs. It has to be set as a hexadecimal color.
- Toggle Public Status Page. Toggles whether you want it public or private. If set to Private, it will only be accessible by logged users (the owner of the project the status page is In and its teammates).
- Activate Subscribers feature. This allows to send emails evertime you push an update during a incident. Your users are able to subcribe to your status page by adding their email after clicking on the blue click-to-action on the top-right of your status page. You can see it live in this status page.
- Select services. From the Services tab, select the monitors you would like to appear on the status page. You can choose to whether show the uptime graph, the response time graph, both or none.
Note: you don't necessarily need to connect the status page to one subdomain. You can preview your status page by clicking on the Preview page
blue button on the top-right of the screen.